Top 10 Most Anticipated Upcoming Releases!


So there are a ton of new book releases over the next few months so I thought I'd go ahead and share my top 10 books that I can't wait to get my hands on! In order of release date, these are some of the books I'm super excited about!

11th July 2017: Because You Love To Hate Me 



This book is a YA anthology including 13 tales of villainy told from the point of view of misunderstood villains in fairy tales. The premise sounds really interesting. I love villain origin stories such as Wicked and Maleficent so this sounds right up my street. A love retellings of fairy tales but I haven't really read any so I think this will be a good place to start!

For this anthology, 13 booktubers teamed up with 13 authors.The booktubers provided prompts for the writers and then the writers wrote about that prompt and the book was edited by Ameriie.






29th August 2017: Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo


This is the first in a series of books relating to DC superheroes and retold by YA authors. And it sounds SO COOL.

Leigh Bardugo is author of the Grisha trilogy and the Six of Crows duology. I haven't read any of her work yet but I do own Six of Crows which I plan on reading soon! I've heard so many good things about this author and I think she's doing to do a great job with Wonder Woman.

I am also yet to see the new Wonder Woman movie that recently came out but I've also heard many great things about the movie. Wonder Woman is very empowering to women and is such a cool lady. I believe this book is set before Wonder Woman becomes Wonder Woman so this sounds really cool.

But hopefully I can see the new movie and maybe read Six of Crows before I get to this book as I feel this will give me good grounding to go into this book.


5th September 2017: Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart


This is E. Lockhart's latest novel which is, naturally, described as vaguely and mysteriously as her other novels. The best way to sell it to you is probably to just give you the synopsis on the back of the book:

"Imogen is a runaway heiress, an orphan, a cook, and a cheat.
Jule is a fighter, a social chameleon, and an athlete. 
An intense friendship. A disappearance. A murder, or maybe two. 
A bad romance, or maybe three.
Blunt objects, disguises, blood, and chocolate. The American dream, superheroes, spies, and villains. 
A girl who refuses to give people what they want from her.
A girl who refuses to be the person she once was."-- Goodreads.

This sounds INCREDIBLE. It's so mysterious and I am hooked! I'm so excited for this one and I'm sure E. Lockhart won't let us down if her previous work is anything to go by.




5th September 2017: They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera



I've never actually read anything by Adam Silvera but the premise of this book really grabbed my attention.

The story is based in a world where people are told when they are about to die. There's an app that connects people together who die on the same day and these two guys meet up and have an adventure on their last day before they both die.

I love books like this that take place in parallel realities so this really appeals to me. I've heard Adam's work is really good so I have high hopes for this novel. It sounds so interesting and I can't wait to read about what these two guys get up to on their last day. I'm sure it will be heart wrenchingly sad but I'm so ready for this!





12th September 2017: Warcross by Marie Lu



I've read Marie Lu's Legend series which I loved so when I heard she had a new book coming out I was really excited. this one has been compared to Ready Player One by Ernest Cline which I own but I am yet to read.

This book follows a girl who is a hacker and bounty hunter who has to go inside the game to track down these people who bet illegally. She is hired by the game's creator to spy within the game and uncovers a sinister plot.

This sounds so intriguing and I'm interested to read this to find more about this world and the game as it sounds like a really immersive Sci-Fi thriller. I love the concept of virtual reality and I love futuristic sci-fi's so I have very high hopes for this!





26th September 2017: Invictus by Ryan Graudin


This book was initially described to me as 'doctor who meets firefly meets looper meets guardians of the galaxy' so naturally, I was sold! If this description is anything to go by, I may have just found my new favourite book.

From further research, I have discovered that the book is about a time-traveller living as a gladiator in ancient Rome and becomes part of a black market team that steals valuables throughout time. So now I am even more sold!

I love time travel so this book is literally already my favourite thing. Doctor Who is one of my all time favourite TV shows so if it can be compared to this then this is heaven in a book.

I am so excited for this book!! It sounds incredible and I cannot wait! Probably my most anticipated book in this list!



3rd October 2017: Without Merit by Colleen Hoover


I'm not going to lie, I do not have a clue what this book is about! But it's COLLEEN HOOVER. I just heard she had a new book coming out and I decided I need it right now!

From experience of reading three of her other novels, I know it's best you go into her novels knowing nothing. So I don't actually plan on looking up the premise because I'm already so excited about this and I don't want to spoil it for myself!

The cover looks very intriguing though. I'm very interested to learn about what it's about when I read it.

If her other books are anything to go buy then my heart will be torn out and I will scream at the page for an hour.

...I'm so excited.




10th October 2017: Turtles All the Way Down by John Green



John Green recently announced his new book 'Turtles All the Way Down' and Twitter went crazy. It's been a few years since his last book so people are so excited about this new book.

I've only read two of John's books and I loved them both. His writing is so wise and meaningful and his characters are amazing. He is the most quotable author because of his philosophical words. I'm really looking forward to this book because it sounds interesting.

All I know about the plot so far is that it involves a fugitive billionaire, friendship and Star Wars fanfiction. It sounds super exciting and very intriguing!

Whatever it is about, it's John Green, so it's going to be awesome and well loved by so many.




14th November 2017: Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi


I was so excited when I heard about this one because Tahereh Mafi is one of my favourite authors so I know I'll love anything she writes.

Whichwood is a companion novel to Furthermore which was one of my top 5 books of 2016. All I know about Whichwood is that its a dark fantasy novel involving Persian mythology and a girl who washes dead bodies for a living.

This sounds amazing as I love mythology and I don't know anything about Persian mythology so this sounds really cool. Washing dead bodies sounds a bit eerie but also like an awesome premise for a story.

I am highly anticipating this. If it's as good as Furthermore then we are all in for such a treat!



6th March 2017: Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi



Tahereh Mafi recently announced the release of three more novels in the Shatter Me series which I was so thrilled to hear as I adore the original trilogy! The 4th book in the series is the next to be published and is said to be released the 6th March and I'm guessing the others will be released over the next couple of years. So it's still a little way off but I wanted to include these books in my anticipated releases as I'm really excited about this! I'm interested as to where Tahereh is going to take the story as the most recent book was left fairly open so I'm not sure if it's going to carry on straight after the ending of the last one or whether it will be set a few years later. Either way I'm so excited for this!


These are my top 10 most anticipated releases for the next few months! It looks like Autumn is going to be a great season for books this year so I may have to buy myself lots of early Christmas presents this year. I'm going to be so poor.

Comments

Popular Posts